Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)

How CIS works

If you are working in the construction industry as a contractor or subcontractor then you will come under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS). This sets out how you pay your tax.

From day one, your tax rate is typically 20% of everything you earn. This differs from normal PAYE taxpayers who have an in-built allowance that provides them with a ‘tax-free’ threshold. Under the Construction Industry Scheme, you must (once a year) submit a return to HMRC to confirm how much you’ve earned.

HMRC will then work out how much tax you have overpaid. In essence this refunds you your ‘tax-free’ allowance that you previously didn’t get. You can complete this from April 6th each year.

How to get the maximum refund under CIS

The return you make to HMRC works on the same basis as a self assessment. Through completing the return you can use business expenses to reduce your tax liability and increase your refund. Knowing what you can and can’t claim for is a fine art.

Most accountants and CIS rebate firms will charge upwards of £350 to complete your return.

ONLY: £120 + VAT

Claim your CIS back in 3 easy steps:

  1. Call us on 0330 124 2951 & one of our friendly advisers will send you a simple form to complete.
  2. Once you have checked and confirmed you are happy, we will submit the return to HMRC on your behalf.
  3. Your cheque will arrive in the post!

What do you get by using The Right Accountants?

We pride ourselves in helping our clients get the best out of the tax system. Through our service you will get:

  • Your CIS return completed by an accountant
  • Thorough and comprehensive return service
  • By using their knowledge you will get a maximum refund
  • Payments will be issued from HMRC
  • Your Key Account Manager will always be on hand